Let me answer the title question – why small businesses need online marketing – with a few more questions…
- When was the last time you opened the Yellow Pages to search for business info? (I don’t even have a phone book around anymore. Do you?)
- When was the last time you leafed through the Sunday paper in search of a certain product info?
- What do you do during commercial breaks on TV? (I turn down the sound and make a phone call. Or, I check my email. Or, I get something to eat. Or, I go to the bathroom.)
- When was the last time you noticed an interesting ad somewhere…and you immediately called up all your friends to tell them about it? (Me: never.)
It’s nothing new. We’ve seen it for quite some time now…
Marketing ROI through traditional channels is going – online marketing is growing!
Here are some mind-boggling stats:
- 79% of Adult Americans use the Internet
- 78% of Internet users conduct product research online
- 10.3 Billion searches are conducted every month on Google
Shouldn’t your business be in front of these people?
- 24% of adults have posted comments or reviews online about the things they buy
- 40% of facebook’s user base is age 35+
- 64% of facebook users have become a “fan” of at least one company
Shouldn’t engaged, mature people with plenty of disposable income spread the word about your product?
- 40% of US smartphone owners compare prices on their mobile device while in-store, shopping for an item
- 1 in 5 US adult mobile phone owners have used their device to make a purchase in the past month
Shouldn’t your company utilize the exploding mobile market?
- 84% of 25-34 year-olds have left a favorite website because of intrusive or irrelevant advertising
- More than 1/3 of US companies use blogs for marketing purposes
- Companies that blog get 55% more website visitors
Shouldn’t you consult with an online marketing professional on how to create an effective online presence for your small business?
Need a few more stats? Click through this slide show…then contact us for a FREE consultation.